Last Updated: April 9, 2022
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use some or all of our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
Registration and Profile Information. When you register for an account, we ask you for your name, email address, and phone number.
Payment Information. When you add a credit card or payment method to your account, a third-party service provider (e.g., Stripe) that handles payments on our behalf will receive and process your payment card information.
Communications. When you communicate with us, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you communicate with our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may use technologies such as web beacons to track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Careers. If you apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience.
B. Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services.
What are Cookies? Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, or small graphic images placed on web pages or in emails. They can be stored either for a single browser session or more permanently. The only types of cookies we use on the Services are “strictly necessary cookies” that are required to make the Services and related functionality available to you.
What information do we automatically collect as you use the Services?
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (IP) address, Internet Service Provider, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device type and identifiers, and mobile advertising identifiers.
Location Information. We may infer your general location information from other information we collect from and about you (for example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region).
Usage Information. To help us understand and analyze how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view or interact with, the searches you conduct, your comments, any content you post, and the dates and times of your visits.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties.
We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications, such as social networks;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as presenting tailored content;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
Legal Bases for Processing Information
Various global privacy laws require that we have a “legal basis” to process your information. The legal bases on which we rely to process your information include:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your information, for example, where legally required, to send you marketing communications.
- Contractual necessity. We need your information to provide you with the Services, for example to facilitate your registration and respond to your inquiries.
- Compliance with a legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your information for a business purpose that does not override your individual rights and interests. For example, we have a legitimate interest in using your information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We share information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors retained in connection with the provision of our Services and that process your information on our behalf. These entities may include analytics, billing, legal support, marketing, security, and fraud prevention companies.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe in good faith that doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoenas; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
- Consent. We may also disclose information from or about you with your permission.
Your Rights and Choices
Marketing Communications. In accordance with applicable legal obligations, we may send you promotional emails from time to time. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
How to Block Cookies. You can change your browser settings to block, disable, or notify you when you receive a Cookie, delete Cookies, or browse our Services using your browser’s anonymous usage setting. However, if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Services, or some portions of the Services may not function properly.
Your Privacy Rights. Depending on your location, you may have certain rights with respect to your data including the right to request access to the information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your information, restrict or object to the processing of your information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability (where technically feasible).
Third Party Sites and Services
Data Security & Retention
We use a variety of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information we maintain. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
We take measures to delete your information or maintain it in a de-identified form when it is no longer necessary to be kept in identifiable form for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by applicable law and any statute of limitations.
Additional Information for California Residents
|Category of Personal Information
|Purposes of Use
|Categories of Third Parties
|Device information and Derived Location Information
If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights with regard to data where we determine the purposes and means of processing:
- The right to request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
- The right to request details about the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources, the business or commercial purposes for collecting information, and the categories of third parties with which we share information.
- The right to request deletion of the personal information that we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. We do not “sell” personal information as such term is defined in the CCPA.
California residents can submit these requests by emailing us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights, subject to certain limitations.
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information on or to the Services, you agree to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 201 Spear Street Suite 1100, San Francisco, CA 94105.